One of the country's most ethical and stable bank
We know our business is built on the foundation of trust. We are fueled by a commitment to do the right thing, and that commitment has been recognized by organizations including the Ethisphere Institute, which has named us a World’s Most Ethical Company four years in a row. We have a long history of integrity, outstanding client service, superior financial performance and a thoughtful approach to risk management.
Our commitment to helping our clients succeed and our prudent approach to banking and investments has made us a leader in capital generation. Thanks to the best-in-class service of our 73,000 employees, we grow even stronger every day.
What others say about U.S. Bank
We are pleased that organizations such as Forbes, Fortune, Global Finance and others believe in the power of our bank. They have credentialed us as among the safest, strongest and most respected financial organizations in the country.
- Among the top 20 wealth management firms in the U.S., Barron’s 2018 "America’s Top 40 Wealth Management Firms," March 31, 20181
- "#1 Most Admired Superregional Bank" nine years in a row, Fortune, 2011-20191
- U.S. Bank named a 2019 “World’s Most Ethical Company®,” Ethisphere Institute, March 20182
- U.S. Bank ranked number one "Most Trusted Companies for Retail Banking" for the past 11 years, Ponemon Institute, October 20171
* The debt ratings established for U.S. Bancorp by Moody's, Standard and Poor’s, Fitch and DBRS reflect the rating agencies' recognition of the strong, consistent financial performance of the Company and the quality of the balance sheet.
1 Ponemon Institute, “Most Trusted Companies for Retail Banking,” Oct. 2017 (U.S. Bank has ranked number one for the past 11 years); #1 Most Admired Superregional Bank, Fortune magazine, February 2019; Barron’s “America’s Top 40 Wealth Management Firms,” September 2018, ranked by client assets in accounts of $5 million or more as of March 31, 2018.
2 U.S. Bank named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies®” Ethisphere Institute, March 2018 (also 2017, 2016 and 2015); for more information about the ‘World’s Most Ethical Company’ designation and scoring methodology, please visit https://www.worldsmostethicalcompanies.com/
U.S. Bancorp information: As of December 31, 2018. Ratings information: As of February 8, 2019.