One of the country's most ethical and stable bank
We know our business is built on the foundation of trust. We are fueled by a commitment to do the right thing, and that commitment has been recognized by organizations including the Ethisphere Institute, which has named us a World’s Most Ethical Company four years in a row. We have a long history of integrity, outstanding client service, superior financial performance and a thoughtful approach to risk management.
Our commitment to helping our clients succeed and our prudent approach to banking and investments has made us a leader in capital generation. Thanks to the best-in-class service of our 73,000 employees, we grow even stronger every day.
What others say about U.S. Bank
We are pleased that organizations such as Forbes, Fortune, Global Finance and others believe in the power of our bank. They have credentialed us as among the safest, strongest and most respected financial organizations in the country.
- Among the top 20 wealth management firms in the U.S., Barron’s 2017 List of Top 40 Wealth Managers***
- "Most admired superregional bank" eight years in a row, Fortune, 2011 - 2018
- U.S. Bank named a 2018 “World’s Most Ethical Company®,” Ethisphere Institute, March 2018 (also 2015, 2016 and 2017); for more information about the ‘World’s Most Ethical Company’ designation and scoring methodology, visit http://web.ethisphere.com/worlds-most-ethical/scoring-methodolgy/
- U.S. Bank ranked number one "most trusted retail bank" for the past ten years, Ponemon Institute, October 2016
* The debt ratings established for U.S. Bancorp by Moody's, Standard and Poor’s, Fitch and DBRS reflect the rating agencies' recognition of the strong, consistent financial performance of the Company and the quality of the balance sheet.
** Dominion Bond Rating Service
*** Barron’s “Top 40 Wealth Managers,” September 25, 2017, ranked by client assets in accounts of $5 million or more as of March 31, 2017.
Source: U.S. Bancorp Corporate Profile, period ending March 31, 2018.