Sports professionals – athletes, coaches and team executives – know what it takes to win, and they use every resource available to reach their goals. Off the playing field, we can help you win financially.
From private banking, car and home financing to investments, disability insurance and planning for retirement, our dedicated Professional Sports Group will help you every step of the way. We’ll work with you to deliver a customized wealth management strategy to help you enjoy the benefits of your hard work now and in the future.
We have thorough knowledge of NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL player contracts, collective bargaining agreements, benefits packages and savings plans. Plus, U.S. Bank is pleased to be the sponsor of several professional sports teams.
You have access to an exclusive private bank within U.S. Bank dedicated to your specific financial needs, including:
- A full range of checking accounts, including check card access with no ATM or foreign transaction fees
- Money market savings accounts and Certificate of Deposits (CDs)
- Online Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile Banking and Mobile Check Deposit
- A broad array of credit cards, including cards with travel or cash rewards
- Transitional Credit: Reasonable lines of credit based on projected signing bonus are available to drafted players and can be structured to be repaid in full once an athlete receives their signing bonus. Similar loans are also available for veterans who want to access future bonus and salary payments.
- Mortgage Financing: A wide variety of creative and custom mortgage loans are available for both conventional and jumbo loans. These loans can be done anywhere in the United States
- Automobile Financing: We can structure car loans anywhere in the U.S. Rates are very competitive and we understand that clients are in the process of building credit.
A properly allocated portfolio will weigh risks, potential for return and the ability to meet your goals.
Though the average professional athlete’s career can be considered short, earning potential can be very high. Wealth planning with a focus on post-career considerations is critical.
We can work with your tax and legal advisors to help you create wills and trusts, prenuptial agreements, establish powers of attorney and prepare income tax returns.
We have the capability to help you determine what kind of disability insurance coverage you may need. We also have the capability to provide premium financing based on underwriting requirements.
We are the official financing provider for the NCAA’s Exceptional Student-Athlete Disability Insurance program.
Strength and stability
U.S. Bank is the fifth largest commercial bank in the nation, and has a long history of financial strength, industry-leading performance and strong balance sheets.